Russian conductor; born at Kiev. He received his musical education at the St. Petersburg Conservatory, where he was a pupil of Solovieff. He became director of the Imperial School of Music at Saratov in 1884, remaining there two years. Since 1888 he has been president and director of the Imperial Society of Music at Kiev and conductor of the symphony concerts there. He has given concerts in the principal Russian cities and also in Paris, all by invitation. In Paris he conducted Russian programs in the Concerts d'Harcourt in 1894 and in the Concerts Colonne in 1896.