Composer and organist; born at Dessau. He studied with Friedrich Schneider and Koprach, and in 1830 traveled through Germany under the patronage of Duke Leopold of Dessau, becoming second chapelmaster at the Dessau Theatre on completing his travels. In 1832 he became conductor of orchestra of Julius Miller's Opera Company at Altenburg, Halle and Magdeburg, then he was musical director and professor at the Seminary and organist of the principal church at Cothen. In 1855 he returned to Dessau to succeed Friedrich Schneider, and in 1860 he became Court conductor. He has written a mass; some piano and violin sonatas; songs and duets and mixed and male choruses.