Born at Liegnitz, in Silesia. He was a boy-chorister in the Electoral Chapel at Dresden. He was educated at the expense of the Elector, first at the famous school at Pforta and later in the University at Leipsic. He was in the service of Count George Frederic, at Anspach, for ten years. In 1574 he was appointed cantor at the Church of St. Aegidius at Nuremberg, where he died. Among his compositions are two volumes of Cantiones sacrae, and a volume of Masses. His music shows the kind used at the time in Lutheran Churches and schools of Nuremberg and elsewhere.